Sunday, April 28, 2013

#its happening

writing my first post i thought to myself it could be interesting for me to backtrack a big change of direction in my life. From making up my mind -to actually taking this decision- quiting my office job-telling everybody close to me-process start-flying away to study in isolation-writing and passing the exam. 
Also since the football agent world is a closed environment these texts can come to use some day. 

Anyway, its happening. In 6 days I have:
-recieved my license (finally)
-My national FA updated its agent lists
-FIFA updated their website with my contract info (of course they screwed it up)
-Arranging a office
-Negotiating to be part of the biggest agency in my country


Now that i managed to sell myself (to be part of the agency) the pressure is on for me to start making transfers, there are actually quite a few ways of making money as an sport-agent:
1. Selling your own signed players
2. Selling other agents players through market exclusivity 
3. Selling players on the request of a club
4. Negotiating/Re-negotiating contract on behalf of a club
5. Acquiring players on behalf of clubs

My plan is to make as much business as possible, mostly by point 2. 


A funny sidenote is that within one hour  and now everyday from FIFA publishing my name and contact info I recieved around 15 similar email to this:


Dear Sir,
With much honour  and due respect to write you.
This is to inform you that we operate a football academy in Benin republic in west Africa. We have well-trained, young, strong and skillful players, we need your assistance to get contracts for our players in clubs in your country, we are ready to take them to your country for a practical test session to determine their abilities in football play and we are  ready to bear the costs for the journey if you will invite us for this purpose.
We look forward to working with you for mutual benefits. Any enquiries are welcome.
Thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
MOHAMMED MAHADI.
NB; you can communicate with us in any of the following languages: ENGLISH,ARABIC OR FRENCH.

No comments:

Post a Comment