- the player calls his agent saying all his teammates have been paid, but not him. He is extremely upset.
- Agent calls the presidents secretary (the person that deals with contractual issues in the club and the only one who speak english) asking with the fuck is going on. Instead of explaining why the player his not been paid she says the club has decided to break the contract. This of course for anybody that is familiar with FIFA player status regulations is huge contractual breach were federations can punish clubs with point deduction, penalty fees, transfer stops etc.
Breaking a contract without just cause is some serious shit
- Agent says this is out of the question, and claims the player want to stay and fight for his place in the squad.
- 2-3 weeks pass and the player is now waiting for his overdue salaries over a month, financially he and his family are really struggling. The club forces the player to train with the reserves (unfortunately there was nothing written about "only playing/training in the first team) with no chance of impressing the newly appointed first team coach.
- Agent is still waiting for his overdue money, now over 10 weeks.
- Agent together with player realizes there is no turning back now, the club is trying to put them in a situation were they are so desperate they will agree to mutually break the contract. Together they decide not to take any shit, they employe a local lawyer.
- The contact the bulgarian federation to make a formal complaint, nothing really happens.
- The lawyer starts negotiating with the club conditions to break the contract by mutual consent.
- The club gets even more pissed of and forces the player to train with a individual coach, mostly running in the woods at 07.00 every morning. At one point all parties more or less threaten to sue each other and the tone is extremely aggressive.
- Clubs contact the player directly, trying to find a solution without the agent/lawyer. Hands the player a new contract that ends during the summer were the player is financially compensated. The player is loyal and directly tells his agent. Lawyer contacts the club with new demands on the handed contract, finally after 5 weeks of fighting both sides agree and sign new contracts. Player is financially ok compensated, is free to find a new employer this summer window, has a third part penalty clause also a no speaking clause with a penalty.
Again, agents are often portrayed as the crook not this time around...
My summer trasnfer window 2014 = 5 transfers