Friday, August 23, 2013

Nr 2 and 3

With 10 days left of summer transferwindow 2013 number two and three are done. Even though cash is not huge there are allot of upside to these transfer;

Nr2: more or less one month ago I wrote about my first failed transfer. Thinking back about it, it was one of most stressful moments of my life I think. Anyway leaving this eastern europe country both me and the player were really upset. In this sketchy world players are always suspicious against agents, deals often break were both club and players are agreed but agents get to greedy. I assured the player this was not the case and I promised him I will not sleep until this was delivered. Said and done, it is a top player so the interest has been quite intense, but always failing at the finishing line for different reasons. At one point I felt the collaboration was doomed and jinxed. 
Anyway, Monday we signed for the vice champion of a scandinavian side. Money is not as good but the sporting challenge is far better. Players is super happy ! 

Nr3: young striker with good cv were I got mandate from an agent. Speaking and emailing lots of directors in my geographic region. Strangely enough the interest was quite small, even to the point we decided to send the player on a weeks trial. He did well but the club felt he was to similar in style too the other forwards they already got. Transfer deadline closing in I took more desperate measures. Finding out from a journalist friend a clubs key striker was out on injury the rest of the season. So I direclt text the sporting director (I already presented the player 1 month before with no response), suddenly they are very interested and the Director is super friendly. I play ball and very quickly we agree terms. We even sign electronically through mandate and scan the contact.

the contracts on both players are quite short which makes the potential future commission better. First of all i got ok paid for such a short contract, secondly if they perform we are in good position. Both salary and commission wise... 



Although the biggest upside to this is that I achieved my own personal goal, 3 transfer my first window. Now sixth gear and maybe maybe I can make a fourth one... 

No comments:

Post a Comment