Tuesday, September 17, 2013

points & holiday

I am suppose to be on holiday, well if this is holiday I might as well work for the rest of my life... my last sentence of my blog last post: Now I am checking out for a week of holiday... ciao
Well that did not happen, first of all nobody wants to go on holiday in mid Sep. I was more or less begging people to go or if I can visit a buddy abroad. Civilians (using sopranos terminology) are super busy in the early fall, I remember from working in an office myself... So this years holiday I am spending in my flat watching series and sleeping, not exactly france or NYC.

A nice thing though is if you as a football agent go on holiday to any western city and if you are bored it is easy to get your work on. All cities have a football club which you can visit, introducing and pitching your ideas. As mentioned earlier, the football business run on human capital and face 2 face is always the best way to interact. Also from now all my trips through are paid from my company accounts !

My mind is also distracted by the winter transfer window of 2014. This time I am planning to go in well prepared and that means I have some concrete actions that needs to be done. I have them more or less figured out but still my mind is elaborating on how to cary them out. My plan was to start working again in 10 days but 1 week of doing nothing is enough. Example of these points:
- Meeting 3-4 players I want to help
- Signing 1-2 players I feel close enough too
- Meet 7-8 clubs were I want to have a strong connections
- Updating my info pages; linkedin, new email, website, FIFA register etc.
- Focusing on players that are more likely to move in January (contract ends)


Had dinner with my whole family the other day, through my brothers laptop we all sat down and watched my striker play 94 minutes against a top side. I have never seen my dad (usually gives rats ass) so excited watching footy. Myself as well, its extremely hard to be objective. A nice dinner and feeling anyway..



No comments:

Post a Comment