Friday, July 26, 2013

midway

so the window closes in more or less in 4-5 weeks, we have a passive but stable first half behind us. Statistically 65% of all goals scored are in the 2nd half, hope its the same for agents. 

Three potential transfers are now in the pipeline:

1. Eastern european club desperately looking for center back. 5 days ago I read in the paper that one their key defender have fled the country refusing to play for the club anymore (apparently he is close to the small club in barclays premier league).  The Sport Director is a young guy I have had some sporadic contact with since the beginning of the window. Quick text to the guy if he is looking for a replacement ? Yes, please send me someone to analyze. Problem is that the defender I have is way to good and expensive for this club so again I cant take any of "my" own players. My very good colleague (who was a sport director him self over 10 years) have really close ties to his old club. We discuss different possibilities. One of the players in his old club has a long and expensive contract, real burden for the club. My colleague calls the club up saying he can help to sell him (for a fee of course), simultaneously I pitch the same player to the easter european club. Both sides get a positive answer, so now we are sending the player for a 3-4 day trial. Long way to go but if he performs and they decide to sign, some nice cash for both of us. 

2.  Most of the players I present I have exclusivity for in a certain region, so is the case with a young striker. The kid has played around 30 games in Eredivisie but the majority coming in from the bench. Hard sell a profile like this, stats not super impressive and little video highlights. Anyway its worth a try, and I send out of those mass emails to clubs in scandinavian. One picks up the lead and we are more or less ok with all contract demands, again this is more a trail and the potential money is small since I split with the agent that has the representation contract. Star agents would probably not even bother working for this kind of dough, but naturally iam not in that position. 

3. Last week I wrote about my first "failed". Since me returning home and giving the player my word that I will find him an even better offer I have worked 24/7 on this. Again we are looking much towards easter europe for obvious reasons. Last summer the player signed a big 3 year contract with a massive side in Turkey. Unfortunately the club went bust and only paid him 1 out of 12 months of the first contractual year, club agreed to let him free. Free agent is usually a huge advantage (almost a must in this competitive environments), problem is that he refused to play the last 4 months. In other words he has not played a real competitive game in over 6 months, club has no clue on his current status. 
A speak to a agent I really get along with the other day and I mention his name, it happens he sold his right defender to top club in the same league were we got tricked. I give him mandate for the club and he calls up his contact proposing the player. 
This would be a dream scenario, more money than last time and also the player signs with a much better side but in the same country as the fucks that fooled us. Unfortunately my gut feeling says chances are small.

to be continued... 

No comments:

Post a Comment